Monday, December 8, 2008

The Aura Unexplained

I once met a kid who said he could sense other people's auras -the color their soul (essence, personality, identity) gave off. By looking closely he could tell what the quality of your heart was -the ultimate, irrefutable personality test that smells strongly of the spiritual world.

I do not know how much you believe in Angels, Demons, or the roles they play in our lives, but what this guy picked up was closely akin to that. In some, he could sense evil or Godliness. He could feel the negative dark around those who had surrounded themselves with the bad. He told a few of the people we were with about themselves, and accurately.

I did not ask who he perceived me to be -which was odd looking back, considering my struggle to find identity at the time. I would have liked him to tell me who I was -so that I would have some sort of idea at all.

But daily I am figuring out who I am, and aptly.

Would you like to know?
Camus said "No man dares describe himself as he truly is."
Maybe I am as diluted as all that...

None the less,

I know in my core I was destined for something larger than nine to fiveing, paying my pension plan and retiring in Florida. But how many other believers can say the same?

Sometimes I feel strength in my hands that shocks me -the power to change much and many.
Other times I wallow in the mire of despondency, indulge my insecurities, let the moody blues drag me deep, fuel my anger's fire.


I just want to be extraordinary.

No comments: