Monday, November 17, 2008

Thought Block

If I were riding the metro rail, the recorded announcing voice would have just called out: "Leaving: Comfortable. Next Stop: The Wire."

Tense, high pitched violins tremble, indicating an imminent attack (under the water's surface/around the corner in the vacant, darkened house)

Sure they were assigned two months ago, but actually working on assignments are for sissies.

Three weeks:
One group project with an essay.
A research paper.

One week:
Hamlet
A Philosophy paper

Need to Do:
Late assignments
Work on my creative writing manuscript
Edit the poop out of a One-act I wrote in time to submit it to CC's semi-annual literary journal
The odd five-page aptitude test for my academic adviser
Apply to Cornerstone
Choose a major
Read my Bible
Pray
Apply myself to everything I do
Worship God
Stay the type of person I could like if I knew them
Occasionally call my friends and remind them how much they mean to me
Bathe.


But music helps.
And I've played so much Tetris in the last 48 hours I can see descending multi-colored blocks locking into place as I read my textbook, or write this.
Concentration is impossible.

No comments: